Useful to know
From October 20th through October 22nd a new edition of the Battle for Grolle will take place. At this moment, the organization is busy setting up the program for this event. To give you an impression, you can find below information based on earlier editions. You cannot derive any rights from this information. We will keep the information about the schedule and program as up-to-date as possible.
- The Battle for Grolle last for three days: Friday 20th, Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd of October. Between 10:00AM and 5:00PM an entrance fee is asked. Beyond these hours the event is free of charge.
- During the event, at the eatery and drinking facilities you have to pay with the special Battle for Grolle coin (“Dukaat”). You can buy these coins at various coin offices. These special coins are also accepted by a number of bars and restaurants. By using these coins, you support the event.
- If you want to make sure you do not miss anything follow, upon entering the event, the arrows pointing out the different routes.
- Stay up to date with your mobile device? Download the Battle for Grolle app in the appstore (search for “Slag om Grolle”).
- Throughout the town center you will find a big variety of entertainment for which you (or you kids) are often invited to join in. Be aware to follow up the instructions and never take action on your own.
- Around the whole city you will find the encampments, which are freely accessible. Show respect to the re-enactors and their gear and do not enter their tents without permission.
- The actual replay of the Battle takes place on the firing range (“Schootsveld”) on walking distance, just outside the town center. You can go here throughout the entire day. Be aware of the (very) loud roaring canons and at least make sure that your children wear some kind of hearing protection.
- You can leave the event site whenever you want, but in case you want to return, make sure to ask for a stamp at one of the box offices.
- Lost and found and missing children can be reported to the “Central Post”, which is located in “De Mattelier” just next to city museum. (Mattelierstraat 19).
- The shuttle service for P1-Zwolle leaves every 15 minutes from the Zwolseweg. The first shuttle leaves at 09:00 and the last shuttle returns at 22:00. * On Sunday, the last shuttle returns at 19:15.
- The shuttle service for P2-Eefsele is located at the bus stop “Oude Papendijk” (across the parking lot) and leaves every 15 minutes. The first shuttle leaves at 09:00 and the last shuttle returns at 22:00. * On Sunday, the last shuttle returns at 19:15.
* The shuttle services might terminate earlier in case there are no more parked cars left at the parking area.
- Follow the instructions of personnel and security staff.
- You might be asked for your ID when entering the event.
- It is prohibited to carry weapons or drugs or to use drugs during the event.
- We do not tolerate any unwanted intimacies, racism, aggression, bothersome or offensive behavior. Any violation will be immediately reported to the local authorities
- Glassware is not allowed
- For your own safety, security cameras are installed at different locations of the event site.
- A Previously handed out pub- or restaurant ban will deny you access to the event.
- Public urination will be fined.
- Assist aid workers, bikes must be parked in the indicated bike parking areas.
- Public intoxication will get you removed event.
- In the event of theft, you will be transferred to the police
- In the event of molest, you will be removed from the event.
- In case of an evacuation of the event, follow the instructions given by personnel wearing yellow vests with text “Sfeerbeheer”.
- Any person entering the event gives implicit permission for appearance on any video- photo or sound recording. The organization might use these recording for promotional purposes.
- You are entering the event site at your own risk. The organization cannot be held responsible for any injury visitors might endure during their visit to the event.
- The Organization shall not be held liable for any theft, destruction and/or the loss of belongings.
- On the Battlefield you must stay behind the fences at all times.
- We do not serve alcohol to persons under the age of 18.
- It is prohibited to operate drones at the event site.
- In situations where the house rules do not apply, the organization decides on the possible measures to take. The decision in this regard is binding.